If you’ve enjoyed my series on learning, then you’re going to love today’s post because I’m going to point you to a wealth of other resources on learning. Going through these is going to help you be a better learner. When you learn more and can execute on what you’ve learned, you’re going to run a better business and be a more well-rounded person.
You want to be more effective, right? Not just in work, but in everything you put your hand to. These books will help you get better at many things that are likely a part of your life.
- How to Read a Book
- Deep Work
- Shop Class as Soulcraft
- The Obstacle is the Way
- Left of Bang
- How to Raise a Wild Child
- Daily Rituals
No, these sites aren’t directly about learning. Yes, they will cover topics related to learning and sometimes the content will be specific to learning. But I recommend these sites because they are going to make you think harder about many fields. The writing is superb and they delve into many topics and books you otherwise might never discover.
In fact, there is almost nothing else in my feed reader anymore. The only other sites I follow are written by friends.
Articles and such
The following are specific articles I’ve saved because they have made me think much harder about learning, life, stuff.
- How Technology Hijacks People’s Minds
- As We May Think
- The Internet Has Been a Colossal Economic Disappointment
- You Think You’re Taking Great Notes With Your Laptop, But You’re Not
- Pricing determines your business
- Personal vs. Professional: An Illusion of Separation
- The One Thing About Your Spouse’s Personality That Really Affects Your Career
- No One Brings Dinner When Your Daughter is an Addict
- Three Reasons Why High Performers Quit
- The Right — and Surprisingly Wrong — Ways to Get Kids to Sit Still in Class
- The Cheapest Generation
- How I Realized That Hourly Billing was Nuts
- Software Engineers Should Write
That’s it for now. If you follow me on Twitter you’ll get regular recommendations — with links — on articles that I’ve read and found interesting. They are going to span many fields and cover many different ideas/beliefs.
I hope you’ll continue to join me for the ride and keep examining what you already believe.