There are so many ways you can waste your time in the proposal process. You can respond to RFP’s (don’t do that). You can not understand the needs of your prospects. You can write a bad proposal. Below is a collection of the best reading I’ve done on writing better proposals.
Okay this list is short because so many of the books out there are not built for small business owners. They’re all written to big companies sending in proposals for huge contracts. Million Dollar Consulting Proposals is different though. It gives you lots of practical advice if you want to take your client proposals to the next level. Million Dollar Consulting Proposals gives you lots of different ways to structure deals so that you can earn more and your client can get high value.
This one takes a different tack on writing better proposals, by saying you don’t even have to do it. If you can treat the prospect the right way and frame your business well, you can win work without pitching them at all. I use many of the tactics here and never end up in some pitching battle with other providers.
What I’ve Written to Help You Write Better Proposals
- What do you do when you hear no to a proposal
- Reasons your proposals get rejected and how to combat them
- These things NEVER go in a proposal
- Crafting a successful proposal
- Want to earn more? Offer options in your proposals
- Defining Deliverables, Outcomes, Metrics and Values
- Stop wasting time by sending proposals to the wrong people
- 4 reason you rush a proposal and why they hurt you
- Want to win proposals don’t make these 2 mistakes